Saturday, April 10, 2010

Look What I Did!


Wow it's been a little while inbetween drinks as they say:) But I have been doing a few things and not completely sitting on my 'you know what!' As most would know it's been school holidays here and were at the end and Jakob's back off too school on Monday:) ( nooooo i'm not doing a happy dance shhhhhh) So no more lazy morning's and lazing about in our jammies until 10 o'clock in the morn and it's back to routine and mornings of go go go go, to get to school on time. It's been a busy 2 weeks and wow they've flown by sooo fast! We've had the easter bunny, play dates, my birthday (thanks for all my bday wishes and pressies) and of course chasing after the kids, I think I'm looking forward to a little normality again. Now getting to the pic above, guess what everyone...........I MADE IT MYSELF!!!!! I know, I know dont all faint from surprise (hee hee) but this is my very first completed quilt and I'm so proud of myself for finishing it, mind you it's the cheats way of quilting 'cause its a rag quilt, super quick and super easy, no binding here! All the same I'm happy with how it turned out and I'm calling it my vintage rag quilt, now all you quilters out there please dont look too closely or you'll see all the mistakes:) I'm even more pleased as it only cost me about $25 as I used material I already had and the batting was on special, bargain! Its not a full sized quilt but rather an oversized lap quilt for me when I'm wanting to snug up on the couch. Also buttons are being done, hope to place some more in my 'made it' shop shortly. So I hope you all survived the choc filled holidays and hope the easter bunny called your way.
Happy Creating
Cheers Janelle XX
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. holy crap!!!!!!!!Looks fantastic and I can't see any mistakes, stop being so fussy.

    ReplyDelete